Join the NIL IBM Security Event
The event has finished. Registrations are closed. Click here to learn more about our IT security solutions and services.
For more information on IBM Guardium, feel free to contact us.
About IBM Guardium
Today, effective data management is a must for a company to do business without any disruptions. Most organizations have formal policies that govern how and when privileged users can access database systems but lack effective mechanisms to control, monitor and audit such actions. Even worse, privileged users often share the credentials used to access database systems which makes accountability a lot harder. Therefore, organizations need to establish a trusted view of information across different business processes and applications to support governance, analytics and other requirements.
Maintaining real-time insight into database access and activity, to protect enterprise data and comply with regulatory requirements is more challenging than ever due to:
- Complex, heterogeneous, multi-tier environments
- Corporate policies for data governance and privacy (PCI, SOX, NIST 800-53….)
- Risks from both authorized/privileged users and unauthorized users
- Burdensome and error-prone manual controls and audits
- Manually reading through database logs
- Potential performance degradation due to database audit logging turned on
Guardium’s real-time database monitoring platform helps clients safeguard their data, monitor database activity across heterogeneous environments, and reduce operational costs by automating regulatory compliance tasks.
Guardium provides the following key capabilities:
- Continuous, real-time database access and activity monitoring
- Policy-based controls to rapidly detect unauthorized or suspicious activity
- Automated compliance workflows
- Database vulnerability assessment
- Change auditing
- Support for complex, heterogeneous database and application environments
- DB2 for z/OS and LUW, Informix, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, Teradata
- SAP, Oracle E-Business Suite, Siebel, PeopleSoft, Cognos, WebSphere
IBM Guardium Database Activity Monitor’s solution has a minimal impact on database performance and does not require any changes to databases or applications. It enable clients to maintain trusted information infrastructures by continuously monitoring access and activity to protect high-value databases against threats from legitimate users and potential hackers. It also help clients streamline compliance processes for ever-changing industry and government mandates with centralized and automated controls for all major platforms.