Join the Biggest SOC in Slovenia!
NIL manages the biggest security operations center (SOC) in Slovenia, which ensures managed detection and response services for domestic and foreign organizations. As we protect more and more organizations, we are looking for a security analyst in the SOC department. Apply if IT security excites you, you know the attack trends, and want to actively participate in defending large IT systems.
Key Tasks And Responsibilities
You will participate in the following activities:
- Monitoring the security state, events, and deviations from the normal state in clients’ IT environments,
- Managing medium-level issues and regular working tasks in the framework of SOC,
- Performing incident response by helping and escalating to higher tier SOC analysts,
- Helping in continuous process optimization (scenarios, processes, tools), analyses, and responding to security incidents,
- Preparing documents, reports, and other SOC service products,
- Helping set up, adjust, and optimize systems to manage security events (SIEM, SOAR),
- Proactively tracking the development of technologies and trends on a wider area of IT security and actively contributing to internally and externally raising awareness in this area,
- Readiness to work in multiple shifts.
Expected Knowledge and Competencies
We’re looking for candidates with the following knowledge and experience:
- Basic knowledge of IT and IT security areas,
- Basic knowledge of cyber threats and network, system, and application level attacks,
- Basic knowledge of key cyber defense mechanisms (firewalls, IPS, system strengthening, anti-malware systems, searching for vulnerabilities and fixing those, app security),
- The joy of working at a cybersecurity area,
- Being fluent in English,
- Adaptability, good communication skills, self-initiative at work, independence, reliability, responsibility, precision, and persistence.
Desired knowledge and competencies:
- Knowledge and management of Windows systems,
- Knowledge and management of IP networks (switching, routing, routing protocols, managing protocols),
- Knowledge of the Internet network (addressing, DNS, routing, traffic forwarding, app protocols),
- Knowledge and interpretation of data from IP network traffic analyzers,
- The ability to analyze data on syslog/event log and NetFlow level,
- Knowledge of correlation event technologies (i.e. SIEM systems),
- Experience with penetration testing or security app checks,
- At least 1 year of work experience,
- Or other relevant experience connected to cybersecurity.
Conditions of the Job
The contract will be signed for full-time and for a definite time period with a six-month probation period and the opportunity to prolong for an indefinite time.
More Info and Application
You can apply until December 31 2022.
NIL is a globally recognized provider of advanced data center, network, cloud, collaboration, and cyber security solutions as well as services for business and industry environments, state institutions, public organizations, and telecoms.
By enabling a more efficient, secure, and reliable way of doing business, NIL helps organizations become more successful in the digitalized world.
The company was founded in 1989 and is headquartered in Ljubljana, Slovenia, with offices in Europe, Middle East, and Africa. NIL employs more than 200 experts.
NIL is part of Conscia Group.
NIL has the advanced Family Friendly Company certificate
NIL has the Socially Responsible Employer certificate
NIL signed the Diversity charter
How to apply
Please apply by sending an email to email@example.com. By doing so you consent to the following terms:
- Your data is kept in a database at the end of the selection process and you agree to it being saved for two years and disposable for future job positions.
- Your personal data will be kept in accordance with the (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), ZVOP-1, and ZDR-1 legislation. More details can be found here.
- I guarantee that all data in this form and any attachments are accurate. Posting inaccurate data or evidence on fulfilling job requirements presents a severe violation, which can be cause of termination.
- You will receive confirmation after a successful application.